See the sights with Atlanta one-day itineraries
Overwhelmed by all the options of what to do and where to go in Buckhead and beyond? No matter what you’re interested in, A-T-L has something for Y-O-U. Check out these sample itineraries as a starting point, and if you’d like any additional ideas, we’re always here with personalized recs.
The Arts Appreciator
- Grab one of the raved-about croissant-style donuts at Five Daughters Bakery inside Ponce City Market and take a walk along the Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail, flanked by colorful murals.
- Afternoons are for gallery hopping. Along Miami Circle, browse the works at Alan Avery Art Company, Pryor Fine Art, Signature, and more, or head to the Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia, better known as MOCA GA, which collects and archives significant works from artists in our great state. In Midtown, the celebrated High Museum of Art is a must-see, and home to more than 18,000 works, including French paintings, prehistoric African art, 18th-century British ceramics, and photos of the American South.
- In the evening, check out the calendar at Fox Theatre. Opened in 1929, this ornate theater — which took its design cues from ancient temples of the Far East — hosts more than 150 performances a year.
The Pet Parent
- Both you and your darling doggo can start the day off right with brunch on the weekends at The Treehouse Restaurant & Pub, where on the greenery-filled patio, you can tuck into the huevos rancheros or Georgian pecan waffles while your dog enjoys a nice bowl of water (and whatever else you’re kind enough to share).
- In the afternoon, do some window-shopping at Buckhead Village District, and don’t miss Fetch Park, where there’s mud-free turf and cooling stations for the four-legged; outdoor TVs and an Airstream camper with a full bar for the humans. You can also explore Chastain Park, with no shortage of walking paths and hiking trails to explore.
- In the early evening, don’t forget the complimentary daily social hour right here at the hotel. While you unwind with a drink, your furry friend can recharge in the comfy pet beds we provide.
- You can’t go wrong for your first meal at White House Restaurant, an unassuming breakfast joint where you just might spot some of the city’s movers and shakers sidling up to the counter. Try the gyro omelette or the classic breakfast of two hot cakes with ham and two eggs.
- On Saturday mornings, don’t miss Peachtree Road Farmers Market, where all the vendors are committed to local and sustainable practices. Find everything from mac and cheese made from a century-old recipe to elderberry teas.
- To get a sprinkling of knowledge with your noshing, go on one of the city’s walking food tours. Unexpected Atlanta samples in the area of Grant Park, Southern Culinary Tours covers Midtown, and Food Tours Atlanta offers explorations of Inman Park and Ponce City Market — all with knowledgeable guides leading the way.
- For dinner, indulge at the beautiful Chai Yo Modern Thai, where Chef DeeDee Niyomkul reinvents traditional Thai dishes with a modern sensibility. For a nightcap, the lush courtyard of Willow Bar is always an atmospheric way to end the day.