Meet Michaela Mishkin
Michaela Mishkin is part of the Kimpton family at The Kimpton Sylvan Hotel. Currently the Private Dining and Catering Sales manager, Michaela oversees various event spaces for the hotel as well as The Betty, St. Julep, and Willow Bar.
Phone: (470) 531-8937
- I grew up in central Pennsylvania on a horse farm over 200 years old.
- Earlier this year, I moved from Lewisburg, West Virginia to Dunwoody, Georgia. I live here with my fiancé, two dogs, and soon, our baby boy.
- When I was only 13 years old, I was nominated from my school to become a part of the People to People Student Ambassadors program. Shortly after, I went to Europe for a month with the tops students at other schools in Pennsylvania. I travelled to six different countries and lived with a German family for a short time. Learning other cultures and visiting some of the most beautiful places in the world truly inspired me to work in Travel and Tourism.
- I received my bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management at Auburn University. I have also been studying with the Court of Sommeliers in my free time.
- I started working in Hospitality at the early age of 14 as a busser and waitress. Throughout college, I worked several different avenues of the hospitality industry. I worked as a server, bartender, cocktail waitress, catering assistant, promotional liquor sales, event bartender, and bar manager. After college, I moved to West Virginia to work for one of the oldest and most prestigious 5 star resorts in the country, The Greenbrier, as a banquet supervisor. I also assisted The Greenbrier during the slow season to help manage the restaurants and in-room dining.
- I enjoyed my time working in banquets, but my goal has always been sales. I was originally hired on at the Sylvan Hotel as a Conference Services Coordinator. Through short staffing struggles, I took on the responsibility of learning multiple jobs and soaking up all the information I could possibly learn.
- In college, I won 4th place in a national bartending competition. In my first job out of school, I facilitated events of magnitude for celebrities, politicians, and CEO’s of major corporations. I will continue to push myself in my new role to create memorable weddings and events in the Buckhead area. I am extremely proud of how much I have learned and continue to learn. I have moved up fairly quickly in the industry due to my hard-work and passion.
- Hospitality is more of a personality trait than something that can be taught. Sir Richard Branson said it best, “The key is to set realistic customer expectations and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them – preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.” This quote is how I approach hospitality.
- I am excited to continue learning the Kimpton brand and vibe, and utilizing this to create extremely memorable moments for my clients.
- My vision for the Sylvan Hotel is to help more people discover how unique and amazing our property is through our events, social media, food, and wine. The Sylvan Hotel opened during COVID and is just now starting to truly shine. My goal is to make communication between the sales and F&B departments seamless, and to ensure every client leaves happy.
- My hobbies consist of horseback riding, powerlifting, and traveling.